Technical newsletter for developers 2022-11
This newsletter was sent in November 2022.
Specify amounts in øre without decimals
Vipps MobilePay requires amounts to be specified in øre, without decimals: "Amounts are specified in minor units. For Norwegian kroner (NOK) that means 1 NOK = 100 øre. Example: 499 NOK = 49900 øre."
We still see that some attempts at specifying payments with amounts that
API requests til incorrect amounts will fail: Both initiate, capture and refund.
Please check for rounding errors, and of course: Always monitor the responses to your API requests: Please check your API calls for errors.
Get ready for "black week"
Make sure your use of Vipps MobilePay is as good as it can be, without errors. See: Please check your API calls for errors.
Monitor the Vipps Status Page: vipps.statuspage.io.
The FAQ entry Why do payments fail? may also be useful.
eCom API: Don't rely 100 % on callbacks
The Report API gives you or a third-party acting on your behalf the ability to fetch information about payment events that have been processed by Vipps.
We are working hard to improve the Vipps Technical Documentation:
- The documentation is now searchable.
- We have a new Recommended flows section to highlight combinations of APIs, such as In-store using merchant scan and Electric vehicle charging.
- All APIs now have a quick start with Postman collection. We also have a global Postman environment to make it easier to test all APIs without doing any development.
Please tell us what you think in this short, 3-minute survey - thanks!
Check your phone number format
Far too many Vipps payments fail because of badly formatted phone numbers. We try to silently correct them, but can not fix all errors.
This is especially important when using Skip landing page, as it's impossible to send a push message to a user if the specified phone number is incorrect.
Please see the API specification:
Please check your API calls for errors
We are working on eliminating incorrect API use. Please:
- Monitor the responses you get when making API calls
- Log all errors
- Fix errors as quickly as possible
- Use the API Dashboard to find problems with your integration.